Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Trouble with Thailand - Part II

Continuing from last week...

I drag myself to Nod's car, and crash into the passenger seat, a tired mix of relief and slight disappointment. Ah well. You gotta go home alone some nights. I'll just sit here and be grateful...

There's a tap on my window, and you'll have to forgive me, but the carpark at the back of Santika is a little poorly lit in places. I gave a small scream, as the face of horror was pressed against the glass.

Well not really. Apparently the girl had decided to come along for the ride. Nod studiously avoids my glare; apparently, he's promised them a lift home. Exercising my right as his boss, I demand he takes me home first. He sheepishly agrees, so I quickly come up with a way of minimising any pain to myself on the way home. I decide to play possum. Surely the bear, upon seeing the very dead animal, will wander off to find other less fortunate prey (kudos bro on the line =D).

Apparently, this bear has a bit of a necrophile in her, continuously poking and prodding at me, refusing to allow me the blissful relief of a drunken stupor. I finally rouse myself and attempt to paint as boring and drab a picture as possible, not quite going so far as to claim possession of a sexually transmitted disease, a measure a particularly desperate friend once took.

Finally, we arrive at my apartment. I bid them goodnight, and attempt to step out of the car. To my horror, my assailant attempts to follow. I high tail it to the lift, which, as expected, begins to crawl downwards from the top floor of my apartment. Making a desperate dash for the stairs, I clamber up the flights, stumbling, tripping, cursing, but make it to my room, knees bleeding. Slamming the door shut, I heave a sigh of relief.

One which gets choked out of me in a strangled gasp as there comes a knocking at my door. I'm expecting Jason to burst out of my bathroom any second, while Freddie explodes out of my fridge. I make a beeline for my bathroom, locking the door behind me, and get into the shower. After twenty minutes, I listen hard, to the sounds of blissful silence.

And that's why I don't take going home alone for granted these days...

- Yang

0 Comments:

Legal

All ramblings and reviews are original. Any reference to real people or places is purely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the making of this website except a startled moose in whose defense didn't see me coming on account of my cat-like ninja training.

My opinions are my own and in the spirit of Net Neutrality if you don't like them then what the hell are you doing here?

If you would like a copy of my brain in a jar please send $29.95 to Mike's Brain, P.O. Box 13324, Funny Farm, Idaho US. However if you would prefer a reasonable hand drawn facsimile of Mike's body please contact Mike directly at mike@mikesbarguide.com.

Saved by Technology
 

© 2007 Mike's Ekamai Thonglor Bar Guide
Saved by Technology