Saturday, January 13, 2007

What's the deal with Ekamai Thonglor anyway?

Until a couple of years ago I wasn't too familiar with the area myself, instead preferring to do my clubbing at RCA, Ratchada, Silom and Sukhumvit. The Ekamai Thonglor has become known for the place to be if you are an affluent Thai or farang looking to mingle without all the annoying tourists. Ekamai Thonglor offers a wide variety of bars, clubs and high-end lounges. If you're a regular in Bangkok and you don't know this area then what the hell is wrong with you? If you're a tourist, and hopefully under 40 with at least half a head of hair and enough style to know sandals don't belong in a bar then hop the BTS and check it out.

Living in the neighborhood I've already witnessed at least a half dozen bars open and close. In fact if you look down the Sois you might be shocked to know there are well over 50 venues in the area. In my quest for a memorable night out I'll continue to post reviews but there's likely dozens that I'll miss.

Cheers and happy clubbin'!

0 Comments:

Legal

All ramblings and reviews are original. Any reference to real people or places is purely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the making of this website except a startled moose in whose defense didn't see me coming on account of my cat-like ninja training.

My opinions are my own and in the spirit of Net Neutrality if you don't like them then what the hell are you doing here?

If you would like a copy of my brain in a jar please send $29.95 to Mike's Brain, P.O. Box 13324, Funny Farm, Idaho US. However if you would prefer a reasonable hand drawn facsimile of Mike's body please contact Mike directly at mike@mikesbarguide.com.

Saved by Technology
 

© 2007 Mike's Ekamai Thonglor Bar Guide
Saved by Technology